Turmeric is a spice that tastes warm and spicy. And you can find turmeric in capsule or powder form. It is also a common ingredient in curry powder and many other dishes. It helps in the pharmaceutical and cosmetics industries and has essential minerals and vitamins like iron, calcium, vitamin C, sodium, and magnesium. And it also has a beautiful oil used to make perfume smell fresh. So let’s look at the top ten benefits of turmeric.
Best benefits of turmeric
Turmeric is good for your health, body, skin, weight, and many other things. Here are just some of those things by ListingBest.com:
10: Benefits of turmeric for fighting cancer
Several studies have shown that turmeric is an integral part of the fight against cancers like (colon cancer, breast cancer, and leukemia).
Turmeric can stop the growth of cancerous tumors because it has substances that stop cancer cells from growing. It is one of the essential things about turmeric.
You can avoid cancer by eating a teaspoon of turmeric every day.
9: Heartburn treatment
Turmeric helps treat many diseases, but one of its most important uses is to treat stomach acidity and colon infections.
So turmeric works well as a treatment for GERD and removes the pain caused by erosion of the stomach wall.
Here are some ways you can use turmeric to treat heartburn:
- Put a cup of water and a teaspoon of turmeric powder in a pot on the stove.
- Leave the mixture on the fire for ten minutes or until it starts to boil.
- Take a cup of the mixture in the morning and the evening, twice a day.
8: Headache relief
Turmeric is one of the best herbs for relieving headache pain because it has anti-inflammatory chemicals that work like painkillers to relieve headache pain.
Ginger and turmeric can help with headaches:
- Add half a teaspoon of turmeric to a cup of water in a pot on low heat.
- Then add a quarter of a teaspoon of ginger and a tablespoon of lemon juice.
- Keep the mixture on the stove until it starts to boil.
- Take the pot off the heat and add honey to make it sweet.
- The best thing to do is drink a cup of this drink every day.
7: Colds treatment
Turmeric is one of the most common herbs that help to treat colds. Honey mixed with turmeric can help as an antibiotic to kill viruses and boost the body’s immune system.
You can do the following with the turmeric and honey recipe:
- Mix one tablespoon turmeric powder and four tablespoons of honey from bees.
- Mix the ingredients until they are all mixed.
- The best results come from eating a teaspoon of turmeric on an empty stomach every day for a week.
6: Alzheimer’s disease treatment
Turmeric is a natural spice that helps treat Alzheimer’s disease in a good way. Turmeric has a chemical that helps the brain work better and slows down Alzheimer’s disease.
Some new studies confirmed that it did some experiments on a group of people with Alzheimer’s. And they found that taking turmeric powder worked well and had a positive effect.
In addition, make sure to drink a glass of turmeric milk daily to keep your mind and awareness in good shape.
5: Arthritis treatment
Turmeric is the best way to treat arthritis because it is antiviral, antifungal, and has anti-inflammatory and antioxidant properties.
Turmeric can also protect against bone cancer, osteoporosis, and body aging.
Studies have shown that people with inflammation and joint pain who take 500 mg of curcumin twice a day for two months notice a big difference in their joint pain and swelling.
You can use turmeric to treat joint and bone pain in the following ways:
- Make sure to drink a glass of milk with turmeric daily.
- You can also put turmeric in tea or juice.
- You can take supplements that are made from turmeric.
4: Lowering blood sugar level
Turmeric is a spice that has a great taste and flavor, and one of the most important things it does is keep blood sugar levels in check.
Particular chemicals in turmeric help reduce insulin resistance and, in turn, lower cholesterol in the blood.
Here are some ways you can use turmeric to lower blood sugar:
- Put three cups of water into a pot on the stove.
- Mix in one teaspoon each of turmeric and ginger.
- Leave the mixture on the stove for 15 minutes until it starts to boil.
- It’s best to take a cup of the mixture every day at the same time.
3: Benefits of turmeric for weight loss
Turmeric is a big part of getting rid of belly fat and losing weight because it has excellent substances that help reduce inflammation and bloating in the body.
For example, curcumin in turmeric has substances that reduce inflammation in fat cells and the pancreas.
How to lose weight with turmeric and honey:
- It will help if you ground turmeric up.
- Mix three tablespoons of natural honey, a pinch of turmeric, and a pinch of black pepper.
- Add a teaspoon of water, and then mix all the ingredients until they are well blended.
- You can eat a spoonful of the mixture every morning or add it to tea.
2: Adding turmeric to food
Fresh turmeric and turmeric powder have different tastes, and here are some ways to grate or crush turmeric:
- Mix in ground turmeric (for soup, rice, eggs, and tuna).
- Crush turmeric, mix it with black pepper, and then sprinkle it on fish that has been grilled.
- You can make an excellent drink by grating turmeric, ginger, cinnamon, and cardamom to add them to milk. After filtering the mixture, you can enjoy this excellent and valuable drink.
1: Benefits of turmeric for skin
Turmeric is one of the most well-known spices used to care for and lighten the skin because it contains vitamin C, potassium, and manganese.
So turmeric helps treat acne, and it works very well when mixed with a bit of apple cider vinegar.
Turmeric has antioxidants that help improve skin cells and increase blood flow. It makes dark circles under the eyes less noticeable and keeps wrinkles and dark spots from showing up.
Turmeric is a natural thing that makes your skin look younger and healthier. It keeps the skin from getting hurt by the sun and helps eliminate dead skin cells.
You can take care of your skin in the following ways with the turmeric recipe:
- Add a squeeze of lemon to a bowl with one tablespoon of olive oil and one tablespoon of turmeric powder.
- And after mixing the ingredients until they are all mixed.
- Use lukewarm water to wash your face well, and then use cold water.
- For best results, You should use this recipe three times a week.