We find that many people want to get more fiber into their bodies because it helps prevent heart disease and reduces the risks of obesity. These fibers move through the digestive system quickly and easily with the right amount of water. And if you look for those foods, you’ll find that they’re all delicious and loveable. Most people ate it, which we’ll discuss in the next few paragraphs. Follow us to find out what the top foods that contain fiber are by ListingBest.com.
What is dietary fiber?
This comprehensive term means all types of carbohydrates your body cannot digest. It does not use them as fuel so as not to reduce their general benefits to your health. We find that women should eat from 21 to 24 grams as a minimum of fiber during the day. And men should eat from 30 to 37 grams during the day to benefit from its value, which is as follows:
- Lowering cholesterol levels; Because it reduces the body’s absorption of cholesterol.
- Weight improvement; We find that the best foods containing fiber are low in calories and difficult to digest, giving you a feeling of fullness for a long time.
- Increase the size of the digestive system. You should eat fiber if you suffer from a slow digestive system or constipation. When the digestive system is not digesting it, it stimulates the intestines.
- Blood sugar control; This is because it is difficult to digest, and the body takes longer to break it down, which maintains a balanced level of sugar in the blood.
- Reduce the incidence of gastrointestinal cancer; Eating fiber has protective properties for some types of cancer, such as colon cancer.
Best foods that contain fiber
10: Oats are the most important source of fiber.
Oatmeal is one of the world’s most important foods because it has many health benefits. For example, it has:
Metals, vitamins and antioxidants.
Above all, it has beta-glucan, the most powerful soluble fiber. Its name tells you that it has a big and good effect on the amount of sugar and cholesterol in the blood.
When you eat a cup of raw oats, 16.5 grams of fiber go into your body.
Or, you get 10.1 grams of fiber from 100 grams of oats.
9: Regular and sweet potatoes
Who doesn’t like eating both kinds of potatoes? So what do you do if you know that potatoes are one of the top foods that contain fiber and one of the most important vegetables that are high in fiber and good for your body? And to know that it has the following amount of fiber:
- Each large potato has 1.5 grams of fiber.
- Each large sweet potato has 2.5 grams of fiber.
Most people want to eat apples because they have a lot of iron. But they might not know that apples are one of the most delicious fruits and are among the top foods with fiber. It’s not useful because it tastes good or is tasty.
If you eat a raw apple about the size of a medium-sized apple, you get 4.4 grams of fiber. It means that every 100 grams of apple have 2.4 grams of fiber.
In addition to having a strong flavor, raspberry is also a very healthy fruit. It’s one of the most important sources:
Manganese; Vitamin C And full of fiber.
You get 8 grams of fiber from just one cup of raw raspberries.
More specifically, there are 6.5 grams of fiber in every 100 grams of berries.
6: Legumes rich in fiber
Legumes always have a lot of fiber. Because of this, we can put them on the top list of foods that contain fiber. We’ve found that these are the most important legumes and how much fiber they have:
- It has lentils in it, and it has 7.3 g of fiber.
- There are 3.8 grams of fiber in a cup of black beans.
- It has 3.8 grams of fiber and is made of beans.
- It has 1.8 grams of fiber and is made of peas.
- Chickpeas have 17.9 grams of fiber.
- It has 3.8 grams of fiber. White Beans.
5: Pear fruit
This light, refreshing fruit is one of the best places to get vitamin C, potassium, and other antioxidants. Its benefits are still going on. Most importantly, a pear has a lot of fiber.
There are 5.5 grams of fiber in a medium-sized fruit.
Pectin, which is soluble fiber, makes up 29% of the total amount of fiber in pears.
Pears have a lot of sorbitol and fructose, so they can sometimes help you go to the bathroom.
There are 1.5 grams of soluble fiber in a medium-sized fruit.
Carrots are an important root vegetable because they have a lot of health benefits. Some people think it helps your eyesight, but that’s true. It has a lot of:
Magnesium; Vitamin K. beta-carotene; Vitamin B6. And it is also an antioxidant that turns into vitamin A in your body.
It has 3.6 grams of fiber per cup of raw carrots, or 2.8 grams per 100 grams of carrots, making it one of the top foods that contain dietary fiber.
Beets, also called beetroot, are root vegetables that are full of important nutrients like:
It contains inorganic nitrates, iron, folic acid, potassium, manganese, and copper.
It has been shown that these nutrients help control blood pressure in several important ways. For example, one cup of raw beets has 3.8 grams of fiber or 2.8 grams per 100 grams of beetroot. Nutritionists and doctors recommend eating beets as a salad to get iron and the benefits of its dietary fiber.
2: Seeds and nuts
All seeds and nuts are high in dietary fiber, and nutrition experts recommend eating them. It is because they are among the top foods with fiber, and their fiber ratios are as follows:
- There are 44.4 grams of fiber per 100 grams of chia seeds.
- 2.1 grams of fiber in 100 grams of quinoa seeds.
- There are 3.3 grams of dietary fiber in every 100 grams of pumpkin seeds.
- There are 7.1 grams of dietary fiber in 100 grams of popcorn.
- There are 9.7 grams of dietary fiber in every 100 grams of raw almond nuts.
1: Whole grains
Whole grains are the best source of dietary fiber, and we’ve already talked about one of them, oatmeal. Because oatmeal is one of the most important fiber-rich foods, we’re going to show you how much fiber is in the most important grains. Here’s how:
- Every 100 grams of freekeh beans has 11.2 grams of fiber.
- Every 100 grams of bulgur grains has 4 grams of fiber.
- Barley grains have 14.6 grams of fiber per 100 grams.